With HID Mobile Access®, employees can now use their smartphone, tablet or wearable to access doors, gates, networks and more. This new solution for access control greatly improves user convenience in today’s mobile-first world.
HID Mobile Access, which leverages Seos® as its underlying credential technology, offers these key benefits:
- User Convenience: Users are no longer required to carry a card to access facilities and can now use their go-to mobile device instead. Thanks to highly intuitive “Tap” and “Twist and Go” gestures, employees can gain more convenient and efficient access.
- Operational Efficiency and Cost Effectiveness: Using HID Global’s highly stable online management portal, administrators can create, manage, issue and revoke credentials through the cloud. With the option for subscription billing, customers enjoy a more predictable cost as user licenses can be added or removed. This enables organizations to efficiently scale up or down in response to their business needs.
- Higher Security: HID Mobile Access is delivered through a highly secure and reliable cloud platform that is backed with a service level agreement of at least 99.5% service availability, demonstrating HID Global’s commitment for uptime and connectivity.
- Flexibility: All existing iCLASS SE and multiCLASS SE form factors can incorporate HID Mobile Access.
How to Tap?
Tap functionality works similar to how an access card is used, by presenting the mobile device close to the reader. There is a tutorial for Tap in the Help menu.
Note: To configure how Tap operates on the mobile device, see the Mobile Access App configuration settings. Mobile Access can be set to be allowed Always, which allows opening lock when app is in foreground, background and when device is locked.
How to Twist and Go?
The Twist and Go gesture is available only on readers that have been configured to include the long read range option. Reader configuration can be confirmed by your Security Administrator. To use the Twist and Go feature, twist your device within 6 feet / 2 meters from the reader (similar to the motion of turning a door knob). There is a tutorial for Twist and Go in the Help menu.
If a “reader out of range” message is received, move closer to the reader and try again.
Note: To configure how Twist and Go operates on the mobile device, see the Mobile Access App configuration settings. Mobile Access can be set to be allowed Always, which allows opening lock when app is in foreground, background and when device is locked.Periodically mobile device Operating Systems close down apps that are not active. Therefore from time-to-time it may be necessary to restart the HID Mobile Access App.
Why is my Apple Pay credit or debit card visible on screen while Tap with a reader?
With iPhone 6, Apple introduced Apple Pay based on Near Field Communication (NFC). Although the Apple user experience is optimized for contactless readers and payment, it will also impact the user experience for other applications. Mobile Access on iPhone uses Bluetooth Smart to communicate with the reader. However, if you Tap the iPhone in proximity distance to the reader the NFC antenna embedded in the iPhone will sense the NFC capability from the reader and display the default payment card. This means you may see the Apple pay selected credit or debit card on your screen while open doors, but no credit card information is exchanged and no financial transaction occurs.
What are Mobile IDs?
Mobile IDs are the virtual credentials that are stored on the mobile device and issued or revoked via the HID Mobile Access portal. For security purposes each Mobile ID is unique to each device so they cannot be copied. If a user switches devices a new Mobile ID must be issued. Up to five devices (if allowed by the organization) can be assigned per user, each with their own Mobile ID.
Does the App collect private data?
|Supported Mobile Devices||• Android 7
• iOS 14
For the latest on mobile device compatibility, please visit: https://www.hidglobal.com/mobileaccess-compatible-devices
|HID Mobile Access App||• Multiple Mobile IDs managed within a single application
• No need to start application when opening a door
• Consistent user experience
|Opening Modes||• Tap (like a contactless card)
• Twist and Go gesture (from up to 2 m or 6 ft)
|Contactless Technologies||Powered by Seos using BLE or NFC communications standards|
|HID Origo Portal||• Access and manage a trusted ecosystem of cloud-connected access control devices, applications, and trusted mobile identities in one place
• API-first approach, providing programmatic interfaces for all HID Origo services, including service features and functions, enabling partners to develop customized access control solutions
• Provides real-time data that can be used to enhance the employee experience, as well as drive operational efficiencies for organizations
|Security & Privacy||• GDPR compliant
• Mobile IDs can be protected by device lock screen
• Digital photo ID
• Over-the-air communication with session-based keys, secured by AES 128/SHA-256
• Mobile IDs are signed and encrypted using AES 128
• Mobile IDs are stored in the mobile device operating system or in secure element (where available)
For more information, contact Kuwait Computer Services at email@example.com
If you have a project related inquiry please click the link to our projects registration for so that we can get back to at the earliest. [APPLICATION FORM FOR PROJECT REGISTRATION]